Sunday, 9 October 2016

Why Do Guys Like Oppressing Ladies This Way?

Like Why?

One day, while trekking down from my lecture venue, I passed a group of boys. I increased my pace when I almost got to where they were in a bid to walk past them as fast as I could. Most boys have a habit of keeping quiet when they notice a girl approaching, and when she walks past them, they burst in laughter. For what reason I'm yet to understand.

Now, that particular day, they were about 7 guys. I did not want what happened in 1965 to happen to me, and to make matters worse it was getting dark, so I increased my pace. I murmured a couple of  "Excuse me's"  and walked past them. I was just about to cross over to the other side of the gutter when I heard "See this one, see her kpelenge leg"


I stopped walking. That sentence hit me like a strong wind threatening to destroy everything in its wake, I turned back. They stopped walking too. So, I continued walking, with my nose so high in the air it could touch the skies. The next thing I heard was "See her small yansh".

AHA!

Now on a normal day I would have overlooked their utterances and would have considered it normal guys banter, but that morning did not go so well for me, and I had my anger mood on, so I was not prepared to take any nonsense.

I turned back and scrutinized them , the seven of them, one by one. I found out one of them was bigger and taller, and I imagined him to be the one saying all the rubbish. As if he knew what I was thinking, he said "You wan beat me?"

I did not reply, I did not know what to say. I did not know what to say to any of them, I gave him a very hard look and practically ran away, the sound of their laughter getting fainter as I went father away.

Guys must think that because someone nature and society has managed to bestow an imaginary mantle on them, they can use the power how they like. One day, funny names for classifying guys who misbehave would come up too, and then we would call it even. Until then. Until then. Get Prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read this post.

Please SHARE With Your Friends!