Click Banner For Details.

Thursday, 9 February 2017

Finding Solace In Fear.



I've been scared. Really scared. I've been in and out of this pit countless number of times. I've been there by myself, alone, with no companion, no friend, no acquaintance.

When you complain of a particular worry, most people would always wish you well.They'd tell you "Nwam deeje", I know you will come out of this",but they do not follow you through the process. They wish you well, but they do not want to see how far you'd go, how fast you'd heal. I have been in this situation, and in more ways than one, I have excelled.


I have found solace in fear. I was in fear for far too long it began to seem normal to me. Failure began to seem normal to me. Sometimes I would look at the mirror and be ashamed of who I see. A frail slim girl susceptible to being blown away by the wind. So, when the wind blows, I spread my arms and wait for flight.

I have found solace in fear. I have learned that it is a good thing to be scared, to have your eyes wide open, your feet numb, your skeletons shaky. I have discovered all these things and I am happy. I am happy because fear is not a bad thing. It is a strength, my strength. It pushes me, tells me to buckle up, to push, to fight , to never give up and most of all, to never be afraid of the person I see in the mirror.

To  embrace her. To live in this world as an enthusiastic human being, full of euphoria, full of love, full of life. And, I am doing just that my dear friends. I Am Doing Just That.

❤ Kasie Obiefune❤.
.......................................................................................................

This post was  inspired  by Francis BlaQie Chimelueze

SHARE with your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to read this post.

Please SHARE With Your Friends!